Longman & Eagle
5-Course Tribute to Old Chicago Tasting Event
A Logan Square fixture since 2010, this well-loved gastropub is a contemporary take on a traditional Chicago inn—if a traditional Chicago inn was good enough to merit multiple Michelin Bib Gourmand awards and a nod on both USA Today’s 2022 list of “10 Best in Chicago” and Eater’s 2022 list of “Outstanding Chicago Restaurants.” Executive Chef Brian Motkyka served as sous chef to Top Chef winner Joe Flamm at the Michelin-starred Spiaggia, and then joined Flamm as the chef de cuisine at the wildly popular Rose Mary. At Longman & Eagle, he is sourcing the finest local ingredients in the region to create an ever-changing menu of classic American fare. Here, diners savor such dishes as chicken liver mousse, beets & burrata, walleye meuniere, pork belly and cheddar sausage, and wild boar sloppy joes. You’ll love the hangout vibe, and Time Out, lauding the service, cites “some of the friendliest and most gracious hipsters you’ll ever meet.” We’re excited to visit here and indulge in food and drink that is said to be utterly satisfying.
About the Host:
Hailing from Lemont, IL, Chef Brian Motyka studied Culinary Arts at Joliet Junior College. He previously worked with Top Chef winner Joe Flamm at the Michellin-starred Spiaggia and Rose Mary before joining the Longman & Eagle team as Executive Chef.
Courses #1, #3, and #4 will be served family style. Courses #2 and #5 will be served individually plated.
Citrus & Endive Salad
preserved kumquat vinaigrette, pickled fresno, hazelnut, ricotta salata
Sweet Potato & Apple Soup
spiced yogurt, pepita, pickled apple
Ricotta Stuffed Mezzaluna
beet, poppy, fonduta
Chicken Cordon Bleu
ham, gruyere, polenta, carrot
Peanut Butter & Jelly Pie
peanut butter mousse, seasonal jam, pretzel crust
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Courses #1, #3, and #4 will be served family style. Courses #2 and #5 will be served individually plated. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
Longman & Eagle
2657 N Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is free street parking available, as well as metered street parking.