5-Course Borderless Baja-Inspired Tasting Event
Just a year and a half old, LMNO (which encompasses a restaurant, an art gallery, a bookstore, and an intimate music venue, all under one roof!) was named to Thrillist’s 2022 list of "18 Standout Mexican Restaurants in Philly" and its 2023 list of "Best Restaurants in Philly." Here, Executive Chef Francisco Ramirez (an alum of Parc Rittenthouse and the Tredici Enoteca restaurants in Bryn Mawr and Philly) draws upon the tradition of Baja fusion cuisine and injects delightful twists of flavor and style pulled from a range of coastal regions. The menu features familiar favorites, like carne asada tacos, fish tacos, and pork nachos, but Chef Ramirez also comes up with inventive new dishes, like Vietnamese tostadas coated in nước chấm or whole sea bass in dashi sauce. By the way, have we mentioned that this whole enterprise is the brainchild of Stephen Starr, creator of the wildly popular The Love and winner of the 2017 James Beard Award for “Best Restaurateur”? Infatuation is infatuated with LMNO, calling it “a new party place in town where you don’t have to pay a cover to get in.” See you there!
About the Host:
Hailing from Mexico City, Chef Francisco Ramirez has cooked in kitchens all over Philadelphia, with credits at Morimoto, Parc Rittenhouse, and Tredici Enoteca. He is now Executive Chef at LMNO, a concept by James Beard Award-Winner Stephen Starr of The Love.
Courses #1 and #2 will be served family style. Courses #3, #4, and #5 will be served individually plated.
crab scallop, shrimp, verde tomatillo broth, cucumber, jalapeño, melon, cilantro, red onion, avocado
Coal Roasted Oysters
roasted garlic aioli, chiltepin pepper, tomatillo relish sauce
Surf and Turf Tostada
yellow fin tuna, morita chili aioli, seaweed salad, avocado, crispy pork skin
Gringa de Asada
seared chihuahua cheese, spiced skirt steak, avocado, salsa verde, flour tortilla
Grilled Corn Cake
chard crème anglaise, blueberry, vanilla gelato
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Courses #1 and #2 will be served family style. Courses #3, #4, and #5 will be served individually plated. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
1739-1749 N Front St
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with garlic or allium allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.