DAY 1: 6-Course Quintessential French Dinner Series
There may be no true substitute for an afternoon in Paris, but the next best thing may just be a visit to Little Frog. This Parisian-style bistro in the Upper East Side’s Yorkville neighborhood springs from founder Francois Latapie’s years of devotion to French hospitality as maitre d’ at Le Cirque and owner of La Goulue. Little Frog certainly looks the part, with classic French doors, vintage tiles, green tufted banquettes, and the requisite tilted mirrors. But the true authenticity shows in its effortless and timeless bistro fare. Onion soup gratinée, steak au poivre, and frogs’ legs, you ask? Bien sûr! “New York City has a good number of fine little bistros already in place,” says the Huffington Post, “but you can never have too many, at least not when they are as classic and well-run as Little Frog.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this series, and Chef Xavier Monge, an alumnus of famed New York restaurants like Minetta’s Tavern, Balthazar, and Payard Bistro, will be on hand to answer your questions and to explain why he thinks French cuisine is one of the world’s great treasures.
About the Host:
Chef Xavier Monge honed his skills in French cuisine at Balthazar and Payard Bistro before spending nearly a decade at Minetta Tavern. He made his Executive Chef debut at Little Frog in 2016.
Each course will individually plated.
with leche de tigre, lime juice, cilantro, mango, and taro chip
with pistachios, cranberry and boysenberry jam, and stone-ground mustard
Escargot Au Persillade
with mini ravioles de royan, champignon de paris, and spring garlic velouté
Multicolor Beet Salad
with goat cheese
Red Wine Braised Short Rib
with porcini mushroom risotto and blistered shishito pepper
with crème anglaise, praline, and meringue
322 East 86th St
New York, NY 10028
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will not be able to accommodate any dietary restrictions or allergies except for those with gluten allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.