DAY 2: 6-Course Ocean's Bounty Dinner Series
Though established in the 1990s, this popular seafood restaurant in Queen Village underwent a reboot in 2017 when new owner/chef Alexander Yoon took it over. Returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, after stints working at the three Michelin-starred Benu in San Francisco and Mirazur on the French Riviera, Chef Yoon is turning out memorable dishes flavored with Asian influences. Philadelphia Magazine named this pocket-sized eatery the “Best Seafood Restaurant” in 2018, and just this fall, Eater named Little Fish as one of its “38 Essential Restaurants.” The menu changes all the time, but inventive dishes like shima aji with pickled rhubarb, peas, and vinaigrette or hamachi, avocado, puffed wild rice, and kombu oil are the norm. We will be taking over Little Fish for the evening, and Chef Yoon will be on hand to answers your questions and share his fish lore.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Yoon has honed his considerable skills at Philadelphia's Le Bec Fin, Chef Mauro Colagreco’s three Michelin-starred Mirazur on the French Riviera, and at San Francisco's three Michelin-starred Benu. A winner of the prestigious Ment’or Young Chef Competition, Chef Yoon purchased Little Fish in 2016 from previous own Chad Jenkins, winning a Starchefs Philadelphia Rising Star Chef Award in 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with preserved ramp soy vinaigrette, black radish, and shiso
Smoked Salmon Belly Toast
with "pastrami spice", horseradish crème fraiche, and pickled heart of palm
Roasted Jumbo Skate Wing
with lime vinaigrette, roasted brussels sprouts, toasted peanuts, herbs, and chili-shrimp paste
Charcoal-Grilled Atlantic Salmon
with roasted kombu vinaigrette, grilled scallion, shiitake, and trout roe
Carnaroli Rice Risotto
with braised calamari, peas, squid ink, and aged parmesan
with brown butter, bay leaf, spiced vanilla ice cream, and toasted pine nuts
746 S 6th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for vegetarians and those with gluten or dairy aversions/allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.