5-Course Elevated Abruzzese Tasting Event
In today’s challenging restaurant world, any eatery that has survived since 2007 (even confronting extraordinary challenges like the pandemic) has got to be good. Well, the short answer is that Le Virtù is THAT good. And its excellence has totally been kept up to date, earning it a place on such 2023 lists as Eater’s “Philly’s Best Italian Restaurants” and Infatuation’s “Best Italian Restaurants in Philadelphia.” The inspiration for this down-to-earth trattoria comes from the shepherds, farmers, and fishermen of Abruzzo, Italy’s wildest and most unspoiled region. Chef Massimo Conocchioli, who trained under Chef Joe Cicala, winner of multiple James Beard Awards over the years, is turning out dishes like gnocchi with wild boar ragu, scrippele, which are ricotta and eggplant ragu-filled crepes, and the freshest branzino, pork loin, roast chicken, or braised lamb you’re likely to find anywhere. “[Le Virtù] takes the prize in a city full of Italian restaurants because we’ve never had a bad meal, a bad time, or even a bad moment here,” says Philadelphia Magazine. We’re sold!
About the Host:
Abruzzo-born Chef Massimo Conocchioli had been a fixture at Le Virtù since 2009, first joining the team as a sous chef then returning to serve as a consultant and meat-curing expert. As of 2023, he's now risen through the ranks to become Executive Chef. He has previously also cooked in the kitchens of Spasso Italian Grill, several Starr restaurants from James Beard Award Winner Stephen Starr, and Assaggi.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be served individually plated.
Le Virtù Insalata
arugula, pear, pomodorini, toasted walnuts, pecorino canestrato, red wine vinaigrette
Fazzoletti Al Ragù D’anatra
ribbon noodles, duck ragú “in bianco", parmigiano reggiano
pan roasted half chicken, ceci, onion, carrot, garlic, peperoncino, rosemary
espresso soaked ladyfingers, mascarpone
1927 E Passyunk Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is a nearby paid parking lot, as well as street parking available.