6-Course Ode to Provence Dinner Event
Congratulations, Roscoe Village! You now have an authentic Provençal restaurant that brings the glories of southern French cooking to the neighborhood. Le Sud’s décor is just as you would hope it would be—tin-print ceiling, cheery yellow and red tones, and antique French hutches—all creating a perfect setting for the memorable food. Escargots, octopus, a foie gras tart, and duck with lavender-honey glaze are just some of the dishes that Chef Ryan Brosseau is turning out with great panache. Chef Brosseau, late of Perennial Virant, Found, and, most recently, Table, Donkey and Stick, brings a passion for pickling and preserving, whole animal butchery, and bread baking to his enterprise. “Le Sud walks the line of elegance and ease,” says Time Out, “with craveable Provencal-inspired dishes matched by classic sips with a twist.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and you will have the opportunity to visit with Chef Brosseau, ask your questions, and gain a better understanding of why authentic French cuisine remains one of the world’s great culinary traditions.
About the Host:
A native of Ontario, Canada, Chef Ryan Brosseau moved to Chicago in 2010 to hone his craft at Perennial Virant, Found, and Table, Donkey and Stick. He took the helm at Le Sud in September 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Foie Gras Tarte
with burnt almond, plum jam, and sorrel
Chef's Choice Charcuterie
with house baguette and house made pickles
Pan Roasted Monkfish
with turmeric, preserved mushroom, and beurre blanc
with fig mustard, braised greens, pickled onions, and jus
Buttermilk Braised Pork Shoulder
with baby carrots, pea puree, brulee shallot, and caramelized sauce soubise
with lavender ice cream, walnut brittle, and cocoa
2301 W Roscoe St
Chicago, IL 60618
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.