DAY 2: 6-Course Paris Meets Dakar Dinner Series
This past April, Senegalese-born, Paris-raised and trained chefs (and sisters) Rougui and Aminata Dia opened their sleek “bistro & bakery” in the buzzing new Belleview Station development. Denver Eater immediately listed their création as one of Denver’s “15 Hottest New Restaurants.” Le French is an all-day affair, but the dinner menu features classic French dishes like escargots, steak frites, and duck confit, along with the occasional Senegalese entrée, like gniiri (creamed cornmeal with peanut, black eyed-peas, mushrooms, pine nuts, and truffle oil). Chef Rougui served as Executive Chef at Paris’ famed Petrossian—the first black woman in the world to hold this position at any restaurant awarded a Michelin star—and she then helmed Le Vraymonde in the five-star Buddha-Bar Hotel. Meanwhile, Chef Aminata launched AmiCuisine, her successful catering business in Denver. Now, they are fulfilling their lifelong dream of cooking side-by-side in their very own establishment. We will be taking over Le French for this event, and the Chefs Dia will be on hand to answer your questions and share highlights of their life and food journeys.
About the Hosts:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Born in Senegal and raised in Paris, Chef Dia rose to fame when she was named the executive chef at lauded Paris restaurant Petrossian in 2005, at the age of 29 becoming the first black woman in the world to lead a Michelin-starred kitchen. She received the Trofemina Award and the French National Medal of Honor before relocating to Denver to open Le French with her sister Aminata in March 2019.
Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Dia was born in Senegal before moving to France at a young age. Relocating to the US nearly 20 years ago, she followed her love of food by pursuing a degree from the Art Institute of Colorado. From there, she launched her own successful catering company, AmiCuisine. Alongside her sister Rougui, she opened Le French in March 2019.
All courses will be individually plated.
Foie Gras Deux Façons
foie gras two ways with pistachios and figs
Tartare De Daurade
red snapper tartare with orange zest, avocado, truffle oil, crispy puffed rice, house pesto, and radish
with diced vegetables and potato and truffle emulsion
Colorado Lamb Shoulder
rubbed with mediterranean spices and slow cooked in red wine sauce and served with potato puree, pickled lentils, and red onions
creamed cornmeal with peanut, black-eyed peas, roasted cremini mushrooms and carrots, cherry tomato, fried shallots, pine nuts, and truffle oil
yeast cake soaked in hibiscus-lychee syrup topped with berry compote
4901 S Newport St
Denver, CO 80237
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.