Layer Cake Social Kitchen
5-Course Elevated American Tasting Event
Just opened this past May, this downtown, multi-faceted, choose-your-own adventure experience with four floors of dining and revelry is the brainchild of hospitality experts Milkshake Concepts (which ushered Citizen, Stirr, and Vidorra to their stellar success.) In the blink of an eye, Layer Cake Social Kitchen has leaped onto Thrillist’s 2022 list of “Best Restaurants in Nashville” and Eater’s “Hottest in Nashville” list. So, you ask, what is there to find on those four floors? Well, there’s a laidback restaurant on the ground level, a refined dining experience on the second floor, a party-centric rooftop, and an underground lounge. In other words, something for everyone! The same can be said for the menu, which features a full range of feelgood/tastegreat items like farmhouse strawberry salad, Cajun chicken frites, double-cut pork chop with apple and jalapeño bacon jam, bourbon sriracha glazed salmon, ahi tuna tacos, gorgonzola waffle fries, and so much more. And cakes? You betcha. Fancy and yummy ones. It all sounds like just what the doctor ordered for these challenging times we’re living through, so we’ll hope to see you there!
About the Host:
Chef Rodman Shields serves as Director of Culinary at Milkshake Concepts, with over 20 years of Executive Chef experience at some of DFW’s most reputable hospitality brands. His past endeavors include Executive Chef roles at Hilton, Nick and Sam’s, and Cool River Café. In 2019 he was nominated for "Chef of the Year" by CultureMap Dallas.
Course #1 will be served family style. Courses #2-5 will be served individually plated.
cilantro lime vinaigrette, salsa macha, chile aioli, pickled onions, scallions
Lemongrass & Chicken Potstickers
orange-ginger glaze, wasabi cream, napa cabbage salad
grilled halloumi, romaine & butter lettuce, marinated cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes, herb vinaigrette, garlic croutons
Wagyu Short Ribs
roasted poblano mac & cheese, ancho chile demi-glace, crispy buttermilk onions
Chocolate S'mores Layer Cake
marshmallow, chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache, graham cracker crumbs
Layer Cake Social Kitchen
127 3rd Ave S
Nashville, TN 37201
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.