6-Course Modern Mediterranean Dinner Event
Executive Chef Rene Ortiz has long been a star on the Austin dining scene, having received acclaim for his stints at Mexican restaurant La Condesa, as well as Thai-influenced Sway before opening Launderette in 2015. Things have only accelerated since then, with Launderette racking up accolades with food that offers a vibrant, modern take on Mediterranean cuisine. Eater Austin named Launderette its 2015 Restaurant of the Year, and the praise has extended far beyond Austin's borders. In 2016, Launderette was named one of Food & Wine's Restaurants of the Year and was also a James Beard Award Finalist for Best New Restaurant. That same year, Texas Monthly named Launderette one of the best new restaurants in the state, and Southern Living recognized Launderette as one of The South's Best New Restaurants. Despite its considerable reach as a destination, Launderette is still very much a beloved neighborhood restaurant in East Austin with a bright space that used to be a laundromat. We'll be taking over the entire place for this collaboration, but this time, acclaimed Chef de Cuisine Brian Moses will be coming out of the kitchen to discuss his dishes and take questions.
About the Host:
Chef de Cuisine
Chef Moses' culinary career began in Austin where he cut his teeth at Parkside before working as Chef de Partie for Thomas Keller's Michelin-starred restaurant Bouchon in Napa. He then moved back to Austin to work as Chef de Cuisine at Contigo and later Executive Chef at Olive & June before working at Launderette as Chef de Cuisine.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with preserved lemon, crispy potato, espelette pepper, and capers
with almond, paprika oil, and Thai basil
Duck Leg Confit
with pomegranate molasses glaze, urfa chile, and brown butter parsnip puree
with smoked butternut squash, aleppo oil, labneh, and seasonal kraut
Smoked Pork Shoulder
with aji amarillo and white grits
buttermilk pie with rosemary caramel, angostura bitters, and caramelized orange ice cream
2115 Holly St.
Austin, TX 78702
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Which dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- The chef will only be able to accommodate vegetarians, pescatarians, and diners with pork restrictions at this event. Please note that these accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] by January 4, 2020.