7-Course Dominican Heritage Dinner Series
For the first time in over a year, we are heading back to Lalito in Chinatown. Many of our members will recall Lalito’s outstanding Nouveau Mexican-California cuisine, but this time around, they're flipping the script on their usual menu with a pop-up format that allows Executive Chef Claudio Herrera to celebrate his Dominican heritage with a menu specifically curated just for us. Chef Herrera, who has cooked at some of New York’s finest establishments, including The River Café, Lincoln Center Kitchen, and Soho House, will be surprising and delighting us with dishes that capture the Spanish, African, Middle Eastern, and indigenous Taíno influences that characterize the dining traditions of the Dominican Republic. The quality, of course, will be superlative, as befits a restaurant that Time Out heralded for being “a formidable food destination.” We will be taking over the entire restaurant for the evening, and Chef Herrera will be coming in and out of the kitchen to answer your questions, share his life’s journey, and spread the word about the pleasures of Dominican cooking.
About the Host:
A New York native and classically trained, Chef Herrera has honed his culinary skills at some of the finest restaurants in NYC, including Michelin-starred The River Cafe, Lincoln Ristorante, and Soho House.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
chopped beef | garlic shrimp | black bean, sweet plantain, and cheddar
shredded cabbage, lettuce, avocado, and thin sliced onion tossed in lemon vinaigrette
spaghetti tossed in tomato cream sauce and topped with crispy chorizo
Berenjera Dos Maneras
panko-breaded eggplant topped with eggplant sauce and served with cilantro microgreen salad with watercress, cranberry, feta, and lemon vinaigrette
roasted pork ribs with house made bbq sauce
Pollo with Rice & Beans
garlic lemon butter roasted chicken served with traditional rice and black beans
with mango reduction, cherry coulis, and toasted coconut
104 Bayard St.
New York, NY 10013
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.