Day 2: 5-Course Tribute To Abruzzo Tasting Series
Opened this past May, and promptly named to “ATL’s Hottest New Restaurants” List by Eater, this exceptional Italian eatery in Cascade Heights is already making waves, and it's no wonder given the pedigree. Chef/Owner Deborah Van Trece, who became a James Beard Award "Best Chef: Southeast" Semi-Finalist this year, is one of Atlanta’s top culinary movers and shakers. She owns the very popular Twisted Soul Cookhouse & Pours (a previous TC spot) in West Midtown, not to forget Oreatha’s At The Point. Here, at La Panarda, she is celebrating traditional dishes with creative twists, prepared with the freshest local and seasonal ingredients. As a queer African American woman, Chef Van Trece is a passionate and vocal advocate for social justice and issues close to her heart and has been featured on The Today Show and NPR, in The New York Times, Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, and more. Moreove,r she is working wonders here with a menu that is brimming with outstanding dishes like osso bucco lamb shank with polenta, escarole, collards, and cannellini fregola, Tuscan smothered chicken, barbecue duck and mascarpone cannelloni with smoked cherry agrodolce, and eggplant and fried green tomato parmesan with lemon ricotta and balsamic drizzle. Sounds like heaven to us!
About the Host:
James Beard Nominated Chef Deborah VanTrece is the culinary force behind several restaurants in Atlanta, including Twisted Soul Cookhouse & Pours, Oreatha’s At The Point, and La Panarda in Cascade Heights. A published author, she has been featured on the TODAY Show, The New York Times, Bon Appétit, Food & Wine, NPR, Food Network, Garden & Gun, Condé Nast Traveler, American Way, Huffington Post, and Buzzfeed.
All courses will be individually plated.
Wild Mushroom Ragù
braised local mushroom, polenta grit cake, citrus tomato gremolata
Arugula & Duck Prosciutto Salad
burrata, red onion mostarda, melon vinaigrette
Low Country Seafood Panna Cotta
shrimp, lump crabmeat, lobster, petite potato, shaved corn, sausage, salmon roe caviar, seafood cream
foie gras, green tomato & root vegetable caponata, torched mission fig, goat cheese, pan jus
Honeycrisp Apple & Pecan Crostata
brown sugar butter, apple spice, pecan dough, vanilla mascarpone cream, salted caramel
2317 Cascade Rd
Atlanta, GA 30311
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with garlic allergies/aversions. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through their private lot, with nearby street parking also available.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.