Day 1: 5-Course Ode to Northern Italy Tasting Series
In the fly-by restaurant world, this beloved Italian eatery in Brookline that opened in 2003 is a real survivor. This year alone, it was named to both Boston Magazine’s and Eater’s “Best Italian in Boston” Lists. Back in 2014, Tom Brady let it be known that La Morra’s tagliatelle al ragù was his favorite dish in the entire city. (The wood-grilled chicken under a brick was his second favorite.) After earning his degree from the Cambridge School of Culinary Art, Owner/Executive Chef Josh Ziskin and his wife Jen spent a year in the Piedmont region of Italy, where Josh cooked at the highly regarded Ristorante Belvedere and together they studied the food and wine of Northern Italy. In 2003, they opened Ristorante La Morra, naming it after the picturesque hilltop town where they had lived in Barolo country. Twenty years later, Chef Ziskin continues to delight diners with his inventive antipasti, superb pastas, and classic meat, fish, and poultry entrees. “An exemplar of the paradox that is rustic elegance, La Morra holds its own among greater Boston's Italophiles for its intense but astute repertoire,” says Gayot. We can’t wait to visit!
About the Host:
A longtime Brookline resident, Chef Josh Ziskin received his culinary degree from the Cambridge School of Culinary Art. After honing his craft in the Piedmont region of Italy, at the renowned Ristorante Belvedere, he opened Ristorante La Morra in 2003. He is also the owner of Heritage of Sherborn as well as Punch Bowl, a modern city tavern.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be individually plated.
Papa al Pomodoro
tomato & bread soup with parmigiano reggiano, olive oil
house made tagliatelle, ragù sauce
Spiedini di Pesce Spada e Verdure di Fine Estate
swordfish, end of summer vegetables, salmoriglio, mascarpone, herbed polenta
bitter greens, cannellini bean, salsa verde
vanilla ice cream, honey drizzle
48 Boylston St
Brookline, MA 02445
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is a nearby parking garage and/or lot, as well as street parking available. Parking is not validated.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.