5-Course Contemporary "Italian-Ish" Tasting Event
Just a little over a year old, this Italian eatery in the Capitol Hill neighborhood vaulted immediately onto Thrillist's 2021 "Best Restaurants in D.C." list. Executive Chef Katarina Petonito was recently nominated for Rising Star Chef of the Year by the Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington (RAMW). A graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, she began her career and cemented her love of Mediterranean cuisine and culture at two leading D.C. restaurants, Graffiato and Kapnos, and most recently cooked at the popular St. Anselm near Union Market. Here, at La Collina, she is turning out classic pasta dishes like cacio e pepe and lamb Bolognese, along with such staples as arancini, beef carpaccio, and chicken piccata. Indeed, the Washingtonian cited La Collina's meatballs on their list of "13 Favorite Fall Dishes." You'll also love the vibe, which is reminiscent of an Italian osteria, meaning lively, friendly, and fun. We're looking forward to our visit and to sampling Chef Petonito's deeply satisfying Italian dishes. Hope to see you there!
About the Host:
A DMV Native, Chef Katarina "Kat" Petonito graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in NYC. She rose through the ranks at Kapnos Kouzina to become Chef de Cuisine and served as Sous Chef under James Beard Award-Winning Chef Marjorie Meek-Bradley at St. Anselm. She now serves as Executive Chef at The Duck & The Peach, La Collina, and The Wells.
All courses will be individually plated.
risotto, 'nduja pork, peas
mozzarella, persimmon, olive oil, focaccia
House Made Gnocchi
pecorino cheese, vodka sauce, basil
castelvetrano olives, fenugreek seeds, capers
Chocolate Torta Tenerina
flourless cake with hazelnut praline sauce, toasted hazelnuts, olive oil
747 C St SE
Washington, DC 20003
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served family-style within groups. As per this restaurant's own COVID safety policy, all attendees must be fully-vaccinated to gain entry. However, proof of vaccination will be provided verbally, as this restaurant adheres to an honor system for vaccination confirmation. We will not be requiring attendees to show proof of vaccination at the door to gain entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.