DAY 1: 6-Course Elevated Comfort Dinner Series
In these troubled times, who doesn’t need an extra dose of comfort food? That’s exactly what you’ll find at la Betty, on Mount Vernon Triangle, which opened last March. It’s the natural next step for Executive Chef/Co-Owner Teresa Velazquez, whose Baked & Wired Georgetown coffee bar and bakery is an undeniable food destination. Here, in what D.C. Eater called “One of The Most Anticipated Restaurants in D.C., Spring, 2019,” you’ll find divine deviled eggs, corn dogs better than any state fair blue ribbon winner, a killer chicken schnitzel, and what WaPo calls “Washington’s best cheesecake.” (la Betty gets its superlative bread from A Baked Joint next door, also owned by Velazquez). We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Velazquez will be in and out of the kitchen to answer your questions and talk about the all-important food-comfort connection.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Velazquez first made a name for herself as head baker and owner of cult-favorite DC bakeries, Baked&Wired and A Baked Joint. She opened la Betty, her first dinner service venture, in March 2019, to showcase her beloved twist on American cuisine, firmly rooted in her childhood growing up outside of Columbus, Ohio.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Betty's Favorite Little Bites
beef corn doggies | deviled eggs
The Wedge Salad
iceberg lettuce, bacon, cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, and blue cheese dressing
Butternut Squash Spaetzle
with coconut reduction sauce
with cashew crema
Not Yo' Mama's Chicken Schnitzel
with arugula salad and mustard vinaigrette
Betty's Favorite Desserts
cheesecake with blueberry compote and graham cracker shard | churro bites with chocolate and dulce de leche drizzle
420 K St NW
Washington, DC 20001
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Which dietary restrictions/food allergies cannot be accommodated at this event?
- The chef will be unable to accommodate attendees with dairy and gluten restrictions at this event. For other allergies or special diets, please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info as soon as possible after purchasing tickets, or email us at [email protected]