6-Course Inventive Italian Dinner Event
Like any fine chef, Fiore Tedesco resists the popular notion of Italian cuisine as a landscape of pasta, red sauce, and garlic bread. He grew up in upstate New York, spending much formative time at his uncle’s deli, where he learned about fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, and other such delicacies. He then moved to NYC where he apprenticed in a number of the city's top restaurants (reference his bio below) before transplanting down to Austin. At L’Oca d’Oro (“The Golden Goose,” inspired by Chef Tedesco’s daughter’s nickname of Lucy Goose), not only is the pasta handmade, but most of the bread, cheese, vinegar, and liqueurs are also made in house, all coming together in a way that manages to be both inventive and comforting. “One of the best Italian restaurants in the city,” raves the Statesman. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Tedesco will be taking your questions and sharing highlights of his life’s journey and his culinary passions.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Tedesco got his culinary start cooking in NYC at several of the city's most legendary restaurants -- Gramercy Tavern and Roberta's. Upon relocating to Austin, he further honed his craft at Franklin BBQ and Bufalina before striking out on his own with L'Oca d'Oro.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with meyer lemon curd and anchovy
Grilled Hakurei Turnips
with bagna cauda and garlic breadcrumbs
Wagyu Brisket & Pork Meatballs
with tomato jam and garlic toast
Grilled Hi-Fi Mycology Mushrooms
with baked butcher's blood polenta and fontina fonduta
Lasagna della Nonna
with whipped ricotta, fresh mozzarella, marinara, carrot top, and pine nut pesto
with meyer lemon ricotta, lemon curd, and toasted meringue
1900 Simond Ave.
Austin, TX 78723
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.