DAY 1: 6-Course Contemporary French Dinner Series
Just this past July, L’Accolade opened on Bleecker Street in the West Village as a “natural” wine bar with a highly creative kitchen. Eater calls L’Accolade a “surprising, artistic charmer”—and “artistic” is the operative word here, for the food is exquisitely presented. Executive Chef Ben Traver, a graduate of Café Boulud and The Modern, is Korean-American, which means that there are Asian touches on the menu. In other words, while the dishes lean French or American, such as a fluke crudo with strawberry, fennel, and crispy quinoa, or a salt cod brandade, you might also encounter a flat iron steak with soy glaze, crispy rice, and bok choy. “Gutsy and intriguing,” says the New Yorker. We will be taking over L’Accolade for the evening, and Chef Traver will be on hand to answer your questions, discuss wine pairings, and share the secrets of presenting food so artfully.
About the Host:
Chef Traver is a veteran of some of New York's most prestigious kitchens, including both Cafe Boulud and the Two Michelin-starred The Modern. Since July 2019, he has drawn inspiration from his experience with quality product, French technique and his Korean heritage as Executive Chef of L'Accolade.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Chicken Liver Pâté
with persimmon, crispy shallot, and herbs
with walnut, pomegranate, and parmesan
Citrus Cured Snapper
with fermented chili and nori
Monkfish en Papillote
with cauliflower, green curry, and almond
Braised Beef Paleron
with herbed celery root, wild mushrooms, and red wine
Sweet Potato Pie
with cranberry and whipped cream cheese
302 Bleeker Street
New York, NY 10014
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- The chef will be unable to accommodate vegetarians or attendees with dairy restrictions at this event. For other allergies or special diets, please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.