5-Course Reimagined Ancient Thai Tasting Event
Eat like a king is the foundational principle of this Williamsburg eatery. Opened in September of 2022, KRU serves historic dishes inspired by Thailand’s royalty and aristocracy. Such a pedigree explains why this hotspot has vaulted onto such lists as Time Out’s “Most Anticipated New Restaurants in New York City,” Esquire’s “Best New Restaurants in America,” and Thrillist’s “Best NYC Restaurants.” Note too that KRU was a Semi-Finalist for the James Beard Foundation’s “Best New Restaurant of 2023.” Chef/Partner Ohm Suansilphong got his start at the renowned and Michelin-Starred Nahm in Bangkok, ranked #1 among Asia's 50 Best Restaurants. He then worked in Australia, and was the Opening Head Chef of Fish Cheeks, the highly acclaimed Thai restaurant in NoHo. At Kru, he is working with 100-year-old recipes that are too exotic and complex for us to detail in this limited space, but Infatuation says, “The food here is nuanced, layered, and delicate. Order correctly, and you can have a transformative meal.” No need to worry about ordering correctly, however; Chef Suansilphong will be offering a curated menu and a tour through Thai culinary traditions. We’re excited!
About the Host:
Hailing from Thailand, Chef Ohm Suansilphong cooked in Australia and Bangkok (at Michelin-Starred Nahm under James Beard Winner Chef David Thompson) before moving to the US. In NYC, he served as Head Chef of Fish Cheeks in NoHo, where he remains co-founder, and Executive Chef of Chicks Isan. He opened KRU in September 2022.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family-style. Course #5 will be individually-plated.
Cold Noodles with Pineapple & Prawns
housemade fishcake, citrus, coconut cream dressing
Bone Marrow “Go Lae”
southern thai style turmeric chili paste, roasted shallot, pickled pepper, bread
Caramelized Fish Sauce Relish Set
roasted prawn, catfish, mixed vegetables and fruits
Escargot Curry & White Rice
"kaeng kua" chili paste, coconut cream, galangal, makrut lime
"Khao Mak" Ice Cream Peach Melba
sweet fermented rice yogurt ice cream, poached peach, raspberry, whipped cream, toasted almond
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Savory courses will be served family-style, with dessert individually plated. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
190 N 14th St
Brooklyn, NY 11249
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for vegetarian, shellfish, alliums, garlic, and escargot. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.