King Tide Fish & Shell
Day 2: 5-Course Oceanic Opulence Tasting Series
Opened in 2019 in the Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel near South Waterfront park, this seafood restaurant was named to USA Today’s 2022 list of “10 Best in Portland.” Executive Chef Alexander Diestra, a native of Lima, Peru, has over 18 years of restaurant experience, including stints at Saucebox Bar and Café (where he brought Asian fusion flavors to life) and Clarklewis (where he created seasonal, farm-to-table menus.) Most recently, he served as Executive Chef for Andina, a pioneer in the Portland Peruvian food scene, and launched the restaurant's celebrated street-food inspired pop-up, Chicha. At King Tide, he is serving up classics like Spanish octopus, grilled branzino, po’ boy sandwiches, and clam spaghetti, with the occasional Peruvian touch here and there, all in a setting that offers “wow” views of the Willamette River and the laid-back, comfortable feeling of fishing lodges gone by. We’re excited to visit King Tide, to sample the creations of Chef Diestra, and to learn a bit more from him about just why Peruvian cuisine has so excited the food world.
About the Host:
Hailing from Lima, Peru, Chef Alexander Diestra graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in Portland, and brings over 18 years of experience to his role as Executive Chef at King Tide Fish & Shell, He has previously served as Executive Chef for Saucebox Bar and Café, and Clarklewis, and Andina, in addition to launching Andina's celebrated street-food inspired pop-up, Chicha.
Courses #1, #2, and #5 will be individually plated. Courses #3 and #4 served family-style.
Farm Green Salad
roasted turnips, pepitas, carrot hummus vinaigrette
potatoes, marrow, herb crackers
tagliatelle pasta, tomato sauce, pecorino cheese
sweet soy, pear salad, spinach
Olive Oil Cake
citrus curd, pear compote
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Courses #1, #2, and #5 will be individually plated, with courses #3 and #4 served family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
King Tide Fish & Shell
1510 S Harbor Way
Portland, OR 97201
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for alliums or garlic. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.