5-Course Fishery-To-Fork Tasting Event
Opened in 2014, this Fishtown eatery, which Eater named to its 2022 list of "38 Essential Philly Restaurants" and USA Today named to its "10 Best Philly Restaurants of 2022" list, was well-known for being a full-animal husbandry establishment, with an in-house butcher. During the pandemic, however, the focus shifted to sustainable seafood, with dishes like grilled swordfish with cashew dukkah, yellowfin tuna crudo, grilled octopus, and tuna Bolognese. Executive Chef Ian Brown started cooking at 13, learning from his father, a Louisiana chef. Honing his craft in restaurants in Providence, Martha's Vineyard, and New Haven, and then working as Chef de Cuisine at Zahav in Philly, he now collaborates with the best fishermen, farmers, and purveyors in the area and uses the best seasonal produce, local dairy, and regional artisanal products to turn out fare that delights his diners. Infatuation says, "Kensington Quarters has a lot going for it. It's a place where you can always get a good meal." Say no more!
About the Host:
Hailing from Rhode Island, Chef Ian Brown began his culinary career working for James Beard "Best Chef: Northeast" Finalist Chef Ben Sukle at The Dorrance. After several jobs along the east coast, he moved to Philly to join the team at James Beard "Outstanding Restaurant" Award-winner Zahav. He is now Executive Chef at Kensington Quarters.
All courses will be individually plated.
pickled jerusalem artichokes, italian sweet and sour hibiscus sauce, artichoke-almond crumble
pastrami-spiced beets with apple-mustard sauce, blue cheese crème fraîche, sauerkraut
hand-cut pappardelle pasta, gremolata breadcrumbs, parmesan
Smoked Bluefish "Chowder"
potato galette, lardons, french onion-butter sauce
grapefruit and passionfruit curd, ginger-spiced crust, sumac meringue
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating timely requests for separate tables (rather than communal seating) to the best of the restaurant's ability. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
1310 Frankford Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19125
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.