6-Course Nouveau Japanese Dinner Series
Nestled in the Hollywood Hills and sharing a stunning landscape with the landmark 1914 Yamashiro Restaurant, renowned for its gardens and koi pond, Kensho, which opened in April 2019, is, in the words of Eater, “a glorious exercise in Japanese minimalism.” Everything is absolutely beautiful in this Kelly Patrie-designed space, with light blonde wood bench and stool seating inside and out. The food is remarkably beautiful too. Executive Chef Jason Merritt-Moore, late of Kismet and Botanica, is turning out signature dishes like lightly glazed black cod, Hokkaido scallop aguachile, rice porridge with aged soy, and perfectly seared Scottish salmon with dashi rice. “Incredible food,” says The Infatuation, which dubs Kensho “one of the most personal and unique dining experiences in Los Angeles.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Merrit-Moore will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss the aesthetic considerations that go into making a great dining experience.
About the Host:
Originally from Chicago, Chef Jason trained in the kitchens of Belly Q and Café Marie-Jeanne. In 2017 he relocated to LA, honing his craft at Kismet and Botanica before taking the top spot at Kensho earlier this year.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Yuzu Salmon Tartare
with dill and tortilla chips
with prosciutto, sesame vinaigrette, and furikake
with miso vinaigrette and toasted sesame
Brussel Sprout Caesar
Crispy Duck Breast
with risotto, charred onion dashi, peas
Melona Ice Cream Bar
1999 N Sycamore Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90068
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, the chef will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.