Kamp Social House
5-Course California Meets Caribbean Tasting Event
Just opened this past July, this Madison Valley eatery feels like a one-night winter getaway with Caribbean-Jamaican food so noteworthy that Infatuation promptly named Kamp to its "Seattle Hit List of the Best New Restaurants of 2022." Executive Chef Bridgett Lewis is a first-generation American, born and raised by her Jamaican mother in NYC. She has been cooking in Seattle for nine years, including working with James Beard "Best American Chef: Northwest and Hawaii" winner Jerry Traunfeld at Poppy and five-time "Best Chef: Northwest" semifinalist Nathan Lockwood at Altura. Naturally a lot rubbed off on Chef Lewis, who now works her magic with inventive small plates like peppered shrimp tostadas with corn salsa on flattened plantains, salted cod and potato croquettes, and crispy egg rolls stuffed with spicy homemade boudin sausage and pepper jack. (Not to mention delicious mains like confit jerk-spiced duck leg, glazed pork belly, and roasted cauliflower steak.) We can't wait to spend an evening here, enjoying island food and chatting with Chef Lewis.
About the Host:
Hailing from New York, Chef Bridgett Lewis has been cooking in Seattle for 9 years, and honed her craft under James Beard "Best Chef: Northwest" winners and semifinalists such as Jerry Traunfeld at Poppy and Nathan Lockwood at Altura. She now serves as Executive Chef at Kamp Social House.
All courses will be individually plated.
salmon caviar, east asian citrus pickled kumquats, sweet peppers
Winter Chicory Salad
poached pears, pomegranates, goat cheese
leeks, coconut milk, garlic, chili oil, cast iron cornbread
Honey-Citrus Glazed Pork Belly
black garlic, roasted cauliflower, swiss chard, romesco tomato sauce
coconut ice cream, candied ginger, huckleberry syrup
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating timely requests for separate tables (rather than communal seating) to the best of the restaurant's ability. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
Kamp Social House
2800 E Madison St
Seattle, WA 98112
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for alliums, garlic, or nightshades. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.