5-Course Retracing Southern Roots Tasting Event
This extraordinary eatery in the Ravenna neighborhood, which opened in 2017, was promptly named one of "America's 38 Essential Restaurants" (Eater, 2018), "Best New Restaurant" (James Beard, 2018), and one of the "40 Most Important Restaurants of the Decade" (Esquire, 2019). Owner/Chef Edouardo Jordan, whose first restaurant was the highly acclaimed Salare, set out to glorify the Southern food he grew up on in his native St. Petersburg, Florida. At JuneBaby, he serves superb versions of staples like collard greens, pork neck, chitlins, black-eyed peas, cornbread, and biscuits, but he focuses just as much on education, telling the stories of soul food and its origins in slavery. "First and foremost, we're here to feed people good food, which happens to be Southern food," says Chef Jordan, named one of "16 Black Chefs Changing Food in America" by the New York Times. "When they ask questions, we're here to answer those questions—like, what chitlins are, where Sea Island peas come from, and why we get our rice from Florida." We're over-the-top excited to visit JuneBaby and to hear from Chef Jordan about the amazing but too often undervalued pillar of American cuisine that is soul food.
About the Host:
A Florida native, Chef Edouardo Jordan graduated from Orlando's Le Cordon Bleu in 2005. He honed his craft in NYC at three-Michelin-starred Per Se and Michelin-starred Lincoln Ristorante before moving to Seattle, where he rose in the ranks from sous chef to chef de cuisine for James Beard Award-winning Matt Dillion. His first restaurant, Salare, opened in 2015, with JuneBaby following in 2017. He is a two-time James Beard "Best Chef: NW" Award-winner.
All courses will be individually plated.
aji peppers, plantains, mango, chili-lime seasoning, hominy corn
Kale Caesar Salad
pimento peppers, crispy einkorn, sweet bun garlic croutons, parmesan cheese
JuneBaby’s Louisiana Gumbo
mississippi-style rice, gulf shrimp, puget sound mussels
Smoked Beef Ribeye
vanilla parsnip puree, chili crunch brussels sprouts, beef jus
pecans, coconut, pineapple, banana
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
2122 NE 65th St
Seattle, WA 98115
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.