DAY 3: 6-Course Modern French Dinner Series
Just opened in August, this vest-pocket East Passyunk bistro vaulted right onto Eater’s list of “The Hottest New Restaurants in Philly, November 2019.” No surprise, as Executive Chef/Owner Richard Cusack has a blue-chip background in French cooking, with stints at the 3-Michelin starred Danielle in New York City, as sous chef at Le Bec Fin and Parc Rittenhouse, and as chef de cuisine at Le Cheri. At June BYOB, he is turning out exquisite French classics like steak tartare, coq au vin, and cassoulet, while his wife, Christina, manages the front of the house. We will be taking over the restaurant for our event, and Chef Cusack will be on hand to answer your questions, discuss their food passions, and share his insights into the experience of owning and operating a restaurant of one’s own.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A Philadelphia native, Chef Cusack first learned to love cooking while making chicken cutlets with his mother as a child. A graduate of The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College, he cut his teeth at NYC's 3-Michelin starred Daniel. Feeling homesick though, he returned to Philadelphia in 2013, honing his skills in some of the city's best kitchens – Le Bec Fin, Le Cheri and Parc Rittenhouse – before finally opening up June BYOB with his wife Christina in August 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with smoked ham hock, leeks, savoy cabbage, root vegetables, and cannellini beans
Foie Gras Parfait
with apple endive salad and brioche bread
Ricotta & Swiss Chard Raviolis
with sweet garlic emulsion
Faroe Island Salmon Coulibiac
with wilted spinach, egg, mushroom duxelle, rice pilaf, puffed pastry, and lemon beurre blanc
french cottage pie with braised beef shoulder, royal trumpet mushrooms, mustard greens, heirloom carrots, pommes puree, and raclette mornay
with dried fruit, rum simple syrup, and chantilly cream
1911 E Passyunk Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.