6-Course Nouveau Southern Dinner Event
Situated in Denver’s ultra-hot RiNo district, this sophisticated new eatery draws upon local foods and produce to capture the flavors and traditions of Southern cooking and hospitality. Chef Kyle Foster, a Florida native, has been in Denver for six years and has served as a butcher at Colt & Gray and at RiNo’s popular Rebel. "My great-grandfather was a preacher in Kentucky and would have gatherings at his house every Sunday where the focus was on food that you grew, from the garden and his own chickens, to the cow farm down the street," says Foster, who sees Julep as a return to those roots, offering simple dishes that are beautifully prepared. Expect old favorites like deviled eggs, oysters Rockefeller, buttermilk biscuits, and chicken fricassee. “At its finest, Julep does not simply gesture at the easily imitated forms of Southern cooking; it nails the foundational details,” raves 5280. We will be settling into Julep for the evening, and Chef Foster will be in and out of the kitchen to chat, share tips, and take your questions.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
After more than six years working as a chef and butcher at some of Denver’s favorite restaurants including Rebel Restaurant and Colt & Gray, Kyle Foster, along with his wife Katy, opened Julep, a Southern sophisticated restaurant concept in Denver's RiNo neighborhood in February 2018. Foster now serves as Owner, Head Butcher (named Prince of Pork at Cochon555) and Executive Chef of Julep.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Real Dill Tomato Aspic
with cucumber and old bay saltines
Classic Deviled Eggs
with crystal hot sauce and chives
Buttermilk Biscuits & Country Ham
baked to order and served with julep anniversary country ham
Heirloom Bean & Pea Salad
with radish, green peanut and pig's trotter
Cornflake Crusted Pork Cutlet
with watermelon, heirloom tomato, marigold, shiso, and pecan
with vanilla-lavender custard and almond
3258 Larimer St
Denver, CO 80205
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.