Jovanina's Broken Italian
DAY 2: 6-Course Playful Italian Dinner Series
Wood-grilled bone marrow with rosemary sourdough, coal-roasted olives with rosemary and orange, handmade pasta, wood-fired pizza, diver scallops with cannellini bean ‘ragu,’ grilled veal chops with porcini mushrooms and pinot poached leek…this is not your father’s red sauce Italian restaurant! A boon to Lower Downtown, Jovanina’s is the brainchild of Executive Chef/Co-Owner Jake Linzinmeir, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America who spent years training at the three-Michelin-starred Le Calandre in Padua. Jovanina's shot onto the 2019 Eater Denver food critics’ list of favorite new restaurants, and 5280 Magazine raves, “New and exciting…get ready to fall in love with Italian food all over again.” Add in a stylish setting in a former cigar factory, with antique touches like bronze gas lamps mixed with modern ones, like bright orange leather banquettes, and it all adds up to something very special. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Linzinmeir, as well as Chef de Cuisine Chip Tavelute and Pastry Chef Ashley Morrison will be on hand to answer your questions and share his love for all things Italian.
About the Host:
Chef de Cuisine
A graduate of Johnson and Wales University, Chef Travelute honed his considerable skills as executive sous chef at The Nickel and as a chef at Vita Restaurant and Charlie Palmer’s District Tavern in Denver before joining the team at Jovanina's Broken Italian.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
honey whipped goat cheese | chicken liver pâté | house pickled vegetables | gabber’s crackers
with kale purée, sultana relish, and kale chips
with ’ndjua, cured egg yolk, charcuterie, and bread crumb
with artichoke, olive, stracciatella, and parmigiano reggiano glaze
with herb rice and red chile sauce
with brown butter graham and assorted toppings: roasted strawberry, punkin’ caramel, chocolate, pecan praline, and whipped cream
Jovanina's Broken Italian
1520 Blake St
Denver, CO 80202
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, the chef will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 48 hours before the event.