DAY 4: 6-Course Seasonal Bounty Dinner Series
Jaxon in Northern Liberties is the kind of place where people who care about food can have a good time. The impeccably fresh ingredients, often sourced from local purveyors, translate into deeply satisfying dishes like soft shell crabs with spaghetti and parmesan and cauliflower tempura with sour cherries, smoked tahini, and sumac. Philadelphia Magazine lauds Jaxon, saying, “This place is all heart and soul…with a not too frou-frou menu of seasonal eats.” With its whitewashed brick walls, Edison bulbs illuminating dangling terrariums, and its open kitchen, Jaxon is warmth incarnate, or what the Inquirer calls a “cozy, grown-up place to eat.” Chef Paul Zelinksy maintains this impeccable atmosphere with aplomb, having trained under some of Philadelphia’s finest chefs — Marc Vetri, Jeff Michaud, and Marcie Turney — before taking the creative reins at Jaxon. We will be taking over Jaxon for the evening, and Chef Zelinksy will be happy to answer your questions and discuss what he sees as the ingredients for a great neighborhood restaurant.
About the Host:
Chef Zelinsky started working at local restaurants in his native New Jersey at the age of 16 and never looked back. Upon moving to Philly in 2012, he first cut his teeth at the Monaco Hotel, before moving on to train under some of the city's heaviest culinary hitters in Marc Vetri, Jeff Michaud and Marcie Turney. He took the helm at Jaxon in 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Chicken Liver Mousse
with toast, fennel agrodolce, and spicy pickles
with taramasalata, cucumber, and radish
Root Vegetable Salad
with beets, celeriac, crispy potato, and green goddess dressing
with chestnut garganelli, shaved chestnut, and parmesan
Lamb Neck Filet
with kabocha squash puree, baby carrot, and sweet smoky mustard
Jaxon "Kit Kat"
with corn flakes, chocolate, peanut butter, fudge, and whipped cream
701 N 3rd St
Philadelphia, PA 19123
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Does this restaurant serve alcoholic beverages?
- This restaurant is a BYO establishment, so please feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.