6-Course Modern Mediterranean Dinner Event
Closing in on its second birthday, this popular eatery on West 3 rd is inspired by the inimitable cuisine of the ancient port city of Jaffa, adjacent to Tel Aviv. Chef Anne Conness worked with top chefs like Wolfgang Puck and Nancy Silverton before becoming Executive Chef at EM Bistro, where her contemporary interpretation of American comfort food gained acclaim from Gourmet Magazine, Bon Appètit, and other leading culinary arbiters. At Jaffa, you can expect to find dishes like North African chickpea stew, grilled eggplant with pomegranate, and lamb couscous, along with fabulous house-made kubaneh bread. “Menu-wise, Jaffa is entirely of the moment,” says Eater. The sandstone walls and soaring ceiling with skylights also go a long way toward transporting you to an oceanfront Israeli café, at least in spirit. We will be taking over Jaffa for the evening, and Chef Conness will be in and out of the kitchen, answering your questions and sharing her love for Israeli cuisine.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A graduate of LA’s Epicurean School of Culinary Arts, Chef Conness cut her culinary teeth at some of LA's most prestigious restaurants, including Water Grill, Campanile, Wolfgang Puck’s Chinois on Main, Saddlepeak Lodge and ALEX before taking her first executive position at EM Bistro in 2002. Over the last decade, she has built her restaurant empire with Tin Roof Bistro, Sausal, and finally Jaffa in 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
North African Calamari Salad
with harissa vinaigrette, chilis, citrus, and pistachios
Charred Eggplant Tahina
with local tomatoes, dukkah nut + spice blend, and pita
Autumn Fattoush Salad
with butternut squash, pita croutons, pomegranate, and date vinaigrette
Moroccan Fish Chraime
whole dorade with chilis and spiced tomato broth
with spiced figs and roasted root vegetables
with buttered phyllo layers, cardamom, and pomegranate
8048 W 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA 90048
Los Angeles, CA 90048
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with garlic allergies/aversions. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.