5-Course Whimsical Mid-Atlantic Tasting Event
University of Virginia law school grads turned industry pros Mika and Ian Carlin are behind this wine bistro and tasting room on the H Street Corridor, which opened just this past September. Exec Chef Ben Browning, who was born in Paris—nice birthplace for a chef!—and moved to New Jersey when he was five, entered the restaurant world at dearly departed Ardeo + Bardeo, ascending to the position of junior sous chef. Most recently, he was sous chef at Mintwood Place, the acclaimed Adams Morgan brasserie. At Irregardless, he has developed a menu that ranges from established favorites like shrimp and grits, short ribs bourguignon, and mushroom galette to more surprising dishes like Okinawan purple sweet potato gnocchi and scallop schnitzel. Eater has named Irregardless to its "Hottest New Restaurants Around D.C." list for months now, while the Washingtonian calls it one of the "11 Hot New Restaurants of 2022." Hot seems to be the operative word here, so we are excited to visit!
About the Host:
Born in Paris, Chef Ben Browning moved to the US at the age of 5. He worked in the kitchens of Ardeo + Bardeo (under James Beard "Outstanding Restauranteur" Semi-Finalist Ashok Bajaj), Michelin-starred Maydan, and RAMMY Award-winning Compass Rose before joining the team at Irregardless.
All courses will be individually plated.
braised leeks with mustard vinaigrette, capers, french gherkins, cured egg yolk
potato pavé, saffron aioli
Porcini Risotto Chou Farci
risotto stuffed cabbage cake, butter mounted broth, truffles
Grilled Lamb Chops
escarole, sunchoke purée & chips, pickled baby artichokes
french rum cake with almond-rum glaze, rum-infused whipped cream
502 H St NE
Washington, DC 20002
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for the Keto Diet, Paleo Diet, Whole 30 Diet, and fructose allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.