6-Course Inventive Italian Dinner Event
“Intero” in Italian means “whole” or “entire.” And therein lies a clue to the appeal of this sleek, intimate restaurant that is a very special addition to Holly. Here, you will find freshly made pasta, locally grown farm-to-table produce seasoned with the restaurant’s homegrown herbs, and savory dishes made with an eye toward “whole” animal usage. Husband-and-wife team Ian Thurwachter, the Executive Chef, and Krystal Craig, the chocolatier, boast enviable culinary pedigrees. He cooked at Vespaio, Jeffrey’s, and Lambert’s, while she created chocolates for the Four Seasons and Hotel Van Zandt before establishing her own Crave Artisan Chocolates. Their collaboration on Intero was resoundingly validated when Texas Monthly named it to its list of the Best New Restaurants of 2019, praising it as a place where “Italian is spoken with a modern accent.” We will be taking over Intero for the evening, and Chef Thurwachter will spend time visiting with you and answering everything you always wanted to know about Italian food and chocolate…the world’s best combination!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Thurwachter spent his childhood watching Rick Bayless and Jacques Pepin on PBS, but was quickly entranced by the ingredient-driven methodology of Italian cuisine. After starting his culinary career, he went on to hone his craft at well recognized Austin institutions including Vespaio, Enoteca, Jeffrey’s, and Lambert’s. He opened Intero with his wife Krystal in January 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Heirloom Tomato Tart
with gorgonzola and garden herbs
with anchovy, chile, and cured egg yolk
Brown Butter Gnocchi
with roasted chicken, yellow squash, and pecan
with herb butter, poached potatoes, tomato and olive
Smoked Boneless Wagyu Shortribs
with shelling peas and eggplant
Dark Chocolate Flourless Cake
with caramel gelato and pear + pumpkin chai & basil truffles
2612 E Cesar Chavez St
Austin, TX 78702
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.