5-Course Inventive Italian Tasting Event
“Intero” in Italian means “whole” or “entire.” And therein lies a clue to the appeal of this sleek, intimate restaurant that is a very special addition to Holly. Here, you will find freshly made pasta, locally grown farm-to-table produce seasoned with the restaurant’s homegrown herbs, and savory dishes made with an eye toward “whole” animal usage. Husband-and-wife team Ian Thurwachter, the Executive Chef, and Krystal Craig, the chocolatier, boast enviable culinary pedigrees. He cooked at Vespaio, Jeffrey’s, and Lambert’s, while she created chocolates for the Four Seasons and Hotel Van Zandt before establishing her own Crave Artisan Chocolates. Their collaboration on Intero was resoundingly validated when Texas Monthly named it to its list of the Best New Restaurants of 2019, praising it as a place where “Italian is spoken with a modern accent.” We will be taking over Intero for the evening, and Chef Thurwachter will spend time visiting with you and answering everything you always wanted to know about Italian food and chocolate…the world’s best combination!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Thurwachter spent his childhood watching Rick Bayless and Jacques Pepin on PBS, but was quickly entranced by the ingredient-driven methodology of Italian cuisine. After starting his culinary career, he went on to hone his craft at well recognized Austin institutions including Vespaio, Enoteca, Jeffrey’s, and Lambert’s. He opened Intero with his wife Krystal in January 2018.
All courses will be individually plated.
Grilled Shishito Peppers
with house mayo, capers, and dill
Cucumber & Watermelon Salad
with pickled lemon, cashew, and mint
with basil pesto, zucchini, and hazelnut
Smoked Beef Shoulder
with braised beans, celery, and burnt garlic
with chamomile, strawberries, and brown sugar oat crumble
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
2612 E Cesar Chavez St
Austin, TX 78702
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will only be offering vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free substitutions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.