Day 1: 5-Course Creative Coastal Tasting Series
Opened just this past September, this stylish Point Breeze eatery vaulted right onto Eater’s “Hottest in Philly” List and Infatuation’s List of “Openings to Know About.” Chef/Owner Denise Gesek first learned kitchen art from her nonna in South Philadelphia. After graduating from Johnson & Wales, she launched her career in Boston working under renowned chefs Jasper White and Lydia Shire and was further inspired by West Coast culinary influences during her time living in California. Now, at a restaurant of her own, Chef Gesek is turning out inventive dishes like pastrami egg rolls, French onion soup dumplings with gruyère, grilled chicken with toasted farro, mango, and chili crunch, fish en papillote with tomatoes and miso butter, and much more. Visit Philadelphia named Insatiable to its list of “Best New Restaurants for Winter 2024,” and, given that it is still Winter 2024, we’ll see you there!
About the Host:
A South Philly Native, Chef Denise Gesek is a classically trained graduate from Johnson & Wales University in Rhode Island. She began her career in Boston working under renowned Chefs Jasper White and Lydia Shire and restaurateur Frank DePasquale. She was further inspired by West Coast culinary influences during her time living in CA, leading to training that has served well on her return to Philly. Insatiable is her first restaurant.
All courses will be individually plated. For this event’s dietary restriction accommodation policy, see the Event FAQs below.
yellowfin, radish, wasabi sake oil
Flat Iron Steak
herb butter, mushroom polenta
forbidden rice, saffron sauce
Waffles & Ice Cream
belgian waffle, butter brickle ice cream, amarena cherry sauce
1200 S 21st St
Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $90 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is nearby street parking available. Availability may be low however, so please plan accordingly.