5-Course Dreaming of Myanmar Tasting Event
First opened in October 2019 in Noe Valley, and just relocated to its new digs in Inner Sunset, this outstanding eatery was named to San Francisco Chronicle’s “Best Burmese Food” List this year, and Eater’s “Best Dishes” List (citing the tea leaf salad). Owner Morgan Sue and Co-Owner/Chef (and wife) Shirlene Lim grew up in Yangon, formerly known as Rangoon, just blocks from each other. Still, they idn’t meet until they immigrated to the US, where their paths crossed as students at City College of San Francisco. Inle is named for Inle Lake one of the biggest bodies of water in their home country, and has brought Burmese cuisine to many Bay Area diners who savor their signature dishes like Burmese-style chicken kebabs, pork with pineapple, fish noodle soup, crispy egg roll salad, and their smashing variation on pad thai. “Their Burmese specialties are that good,” raves Infatuation, naming Inle to its List of “Best Burmese Restaurants in the City.” We are so looking forward to our visit, and to hearing from our hosts about their life’s journey and the joys of Burmese cooking!
About the Host:
Hailing from the capital city of Burma, today known as Myanmar, Chef Shirlene Lim attended City College of San Francisco. Together with her partner, she opened Inle, the first Burmese restaurant in Noe Valley, in honor of her heritage.
All courses will be individually plated.
Tea Leaf Salad
roasted peanut, crispy garlic, fava bean, sesame seed, sunflower seed, tomato, jalapeño, fish sauce, romaine lettuce, burmese tea leaf dressing
Crispy Chicken Gyoza
ground chicken, mixed vegetables, housemade tamarind sauce
Coconut Chicken Noodle Soup
egg noodle, onion, garlic, paprika, turmeric, cilantro, red onion, sliced & boiled egg
Beef Curry & Coconut Rice
potato, garlic, onion, ginger, chili paste, turmeric, burmese curry spice
fresh mango, cream
822 Irving St
San Francisco, CA 94122
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is nearby street parking available. Availability may be low however, so please plan accordingly.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for dairy, gluten, vegetarian, shellfish, nut/seeds, and garlic. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.