DAY 1: 6-Course Elevated Comfort Dinner Series
There’s good, honest food—and then there’s great honest food. The latter is what you will find at the Hungry Pigeon, the all-day restaurant in charming, laid-back Queen Village. Scott Schroeder, who has worked with some of the best chefs and restaurateurs in Philadelphia, including George Perrier, Steven Starr, and Guillermo Pernot, and who was the force behind the American Sardine Bar in Point Breeze, has partnered up with Pat O’Malley, who was Pastry Chef at none less than the fabled Balthazar Bakery in New York City and who was named Baker of the Year by the Philadelphia Inquirer, to serve up amazing lasagna, fried chicken, and all manner of other treats. Philadelphia Magazine lauds its “scruffy, homey, comforting mess of a menu that appeals to Philly’s most impassioned lovers of food and drink” and named it one of “Philadelphia’s 50 Best Restaurants.” We’ll be taking over the Hungry Pigeon for the evening, and Chefs Schroder and O’Malley will be on hand to take your questions and discuss their collaboration.
About the Hosts:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A native of Washington DC, Chef O'Malley graduated from Culinary Arts program at the Art Institute of Philadelphia and shortly afterward started cutting his culinary teeth at NYC's Morimoto and Balthazar. Now back in Philly, he's teamed up with Chef Schroeder to open Hungry Pigeon in January 2016, earning two consecutive James Beard Award nominations for Best Pastry Chef, Philadelphia '17 & '18.
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Detroit native Scott Schroeder has worked with some of the best chefs and restaurateurs in Philadelphia including George Perrier, Steven Starr, and Guillermo Pernot. The culmination of this experience eventually led him to his position at the South Philadelphia Taproom and after 6 years and many accolades, spawned the American Sardine Bar in Point Breeze. He opened Hungry Pigeon with Chef O'Malley in January 2016.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
NJ Black Bass Crudo
with ground cherries, cilantro, and crispy skin
with celery, tonnato, and culatura
made with keiser's pheasantry chicken
with cultured butter and fresh herbs
Summer Melon & Bitter Green Salad
with olive oil and sea salt
with whey caramel and blueberry frozen yogurt
743 S 4th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.