DAY 2: 6-Course Elevated Seasonal Dinner Series
Inspired by the word husmanskost, Norwegian for “everyday food,” Houseman serves the kind of everyday food one might expect from a chef who mastered his skills at Prune, Gabrielle Hamilton’s now-legendary restaurant. Ned Baldwin, a Seattle native who started out in life with a Master of Fine Arts in sculpture from Yale University, always envisioned owning a real neighborhood place with great food, and so in 2015, following his four years at Prune, he realized that vision with Houseman. The zinc bar, the tables made from reclaimed bowling alley maple, the school house chairs, and the classic dishes, from grilled tuna to smoked duck breast to roasted lamb loin to extraordinary roast chicken all add up to comfort and pleasure. And, oh—did we mention that Grub Street named Houseman as one of six restaurants that serve “the absolute best French fries in New York”? We will be taking over Houseman for this event, and Chef Baldwin will be in and out of the kitchen over the course of the evening to field your questions and discuss his personal journey and his food passions.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Baldwin began his career as a sculptor but traded in the chisel for chef's knives in 2000 upon falling in love with the New York restaurant world. He honed his new craft at Prune, Jean-Georges, Craft, and under acclaimed Chef Alain Ducasse of Arpégè before opening Houseman in June 2015.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Preserved Blue Fish
with cucumber, tonnato and dill
with creamy feta
with saffron aioli
with pepperonata and purslane
Pork & Clams
with spicy green curry
Malt Ice Cream
with spicy peanuts and honey caramel
508 Greenwich St
New York, NY 10013
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.