6-Course Macro-Mediterranean Dinner Series
Opened in Beacon Hill almost one year ago exactly, this inventive eatery is the creation of chef-owner Logan Cox, formerly of Sitka and Spruce, and his wife Sarah Knowles, who designed the charmingly wainscoted and whimsically wallpapered space. Named for their dog, Homer serves Mediterranean and Middle Eastern-inspired cuisine that relies heavily on the freshness of its Pacific Northwest ingredients. All dishes are prepared over a wood fire, and the menu features such highlights as stewed local mushrooms, smoked mussels with potatoes, charred shishitos, and pickled garlic, and house meatballs with yogurt and tomatillos. Homer has made quite a name for itself, with Chef Cox nominated for a James Beard Award for Best Chef, Northwest in 2019. The Seattle Times lauds Cox’ “voluptuous cooking” while Seattle Eater named Homer one of “Seattle’s Best New Restaurants of 2018.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Cox will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss his food “odyssey.”
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Cox has pursued his passion for great food across the globe. First studying at Ristorante Zeppelin in Orvieto, Italy, he then honed his craft at Veritas in New York and Washington DC's Ripple as Exec Chef before finally landing in Seattle. After years working at Sitka & Spruce, Cox opened Homer with his wife Sarah in September 2018, earning a James Beard Award semi-finalist nomination for Best Chef, Northwest in 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Trio of Spreads
hummus with chickpeas and cumin | smokey eggplant with chiles and sunflower seeds | labneh with dried tomatoes and mint
with harissa butter and grilled bread
Duo of Vegetables
grilled beets, pumpkin seeds, peppers, cilantro | kuri squash, turmeric, mustard seeds, green chili tahini
with a paste of chilies and fruits
with pistachio, autumn pears, and cumin
Soft Serve Ice Cream
3013 Beacon Ave S
Seattle, WA 98144
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.