6-Course Punk Rock Inspired Dinner Event
In the food world, Chef Callie Speer is an undeniable star. A 2013 Food & Wine “People’s Best New Pastry Chef” nominee, Chef Speer has competed on the Food Network’s Cake Wars and was featured on Bravo’s Best New Restaurant. At Holy Roller, she has found the ultimate outlet for her creativity, working with a leadership team of good women friends. Here, in a funky punk-rock diner environment, she turns out comfort food like meatloaf, fried chicken, Cobb salad, banana pudding and more, all done with a twist and to a fine turn. “I love being a chef here,” says Speer, “because no other city gives itself over to the whimsy and the wildness of the culinary world quite like Austin does.” That attitude explains why Holy Roller was chosen as one of Austin Monthly’s “Best Restaurants” and why Chef Speer was named Eater Austin’s Chef of the Year. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Speer will be on hand to take your questions and discuss her “weird little ideas” that come alive on her menu.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Speer first exploded onto the ATX food scene as a pastry chef at Parkside, where she earned a nomination for Food & Wine's “People’s Best New Pastry Chef” and won Culturemap's “Pastry Chef of the Year” award. Shortly after opening Holy Roller in July 2017, she was selected by Eater as Austin Chef of the Year. She's also competed on the Food Network’s Cake Wars and Bravo’s Best New Restaurant!
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Pimento Cheese Biscuit
with bacon jam and chow-chow
Brussels Sprouts & Apple Butter
with lemon zest
Kinda Cobb Salad
with arugula, shaved brussels, apple butter vinaigrette, candied pecans, bacon, boiled egg, and lemon zest
fried chicken with hot honey-buttered biscuits, comeback sauce, and syrup
with mashed potatoes, white gravy, and griddled green beans
with nilla wafer crunch, whipped cream, and caramelized banana
509 Rio Grande St
Austin, TX 78701
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.