6-Course Seasonal Southern Dinner Series
What do you get when you mix Southern soul with French culinary techniques? Henley: a modern American brasserie that opened in 2017 on Broadway in Midtown. Before we get to the food, let’s discuss the ambiance. With its milk-glass pendant globes, white marble bar, and antique mirrors, Henley, which feels like an old mansion, was named by Architectural Digest as Tennessee’s “Most Beautifully Designed Bar.” Now, the food: dishes like Bear Creek Farm pork ribs with Korean BBQ sauce and peanuts, honey and lavender duck breast with sautéed peaches and cherry-ginger sauce, and diver scallops with corn, pickled jalapeño, and cilantro. No wonder Zagat lauds Henley as “a hip American kitchen serving modern classics inspired by local flavors.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Daniel Gorman, who won the Hans Bueschkens Young Chef of the World Award in 2012, will be on hand to address your questions and discuss his distinctive food vision.
About the Host:
A decorated culinary competitor, Chef Gorman has won the Hans Bueschkens Young Chef of the World in 2012, the American Culinary Federation's Young Chef of the year 2010, and World Association of Culinary Societies' Young Chef of the World in 2011. He trained at the celebrated Inn At Little Washington, as well as at Nashville's Bastion and 5th and Taylor, joining the team at Henley in April 2017. He is now head of culinary operations in the Kimpton Aertson Hotel.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Sour Corn & Andouille Fritters
with basil crema
with zucchini, fresh cheese, herb salad, and chili
with oyster mushrooms, peas, cured egg, and sunflower seed pesto
with field pea rice pilaf and ham butter
Bear Creek Farms Pot Roast
with onion caramel-glazed carrots
Key Lime Pie
with blackberry sorbet
Nashville, TN 37203
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.