DAY 2: 6-Course Farm-to-Fork Dinner Series
This popular farm-to-fork restaurant in the Coulwood/Mountain Island Lake community opened in 2014 and came under new management at the end of last year. The new owners have kept things up handily, earning Heirloom a place on Charlotte Magazine’s list of “The 50 Best Restaurants in Charlotte: 2020.” The menu continues to focus on vegetables, fruits, meats, seafood, and beverages produced in North Carolina, all provided by purveyors with whom Heirloom has struck a productive collaborative relationship. Here, you’ll find dishes like duck confit served with cauliflower-mint-sunflower seed puree, shrimp and grits, bacon-wrapped rabbit meatloaf, and Aunt Nancy’s onion pie. Exec Chef Patrick Murphy and Chef de Cuisine Myles Scaglione serves these up and much more in a rustic-chic space clad in plank wood with cozy couches and amber lighting. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chefs Murphy and Scaglione will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss his dedication to local food.
About the Hosts:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A graduate of Johnson & Wales Culinary Institute, Chef Murphy began his culinary career in the kitchens of country clubs, including the Masters golf tournament in Augusta, Georgia, before honing his craft among Charlotte's finest restaurants and founding his catering company Chef Patrick Presents. He took on the Executive Chef role at Heirloom in November 2019.
Chef de Cuisine
Originally from Pennsylvania, Chef Scaglione began his culinary career in the corporate kitchens of America before eventually interning at Heirloom while finishing his Associates Degree in Culinary Arts at Johnson and Wales University in Charlotte, NC. Upon graduation, Myles accepted a full-time Chef de Partie position at Heirloom and has risen to the rank of Chef de Cuisine working alongside former Executive Chef Clark Barlowe.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Cheese and Charcuterie Board
with house made tesa, lardo, heritage farms pork salami, house made pickles, blackberry jam, orrman’s cheese shop truffled brie, prairie breeze cheddar, nova’s garlic crostini, and lusty monk mustard
Heirloom Tomato Salad
with siano mozzarella, red onion, pine olive oil, rooftop hive gastrique balsamic, and baby arugula
with hemp powder, pokeberry popcorn, and parsley
with jim bowman’s rabbit, farm & sparrow carrot polenta, braised onion, tomato sauce, and baby fennel
Bison Flank Steak
with wild mushrooms, crispy brussel sprouts, buttermilk-pine risotto, and italian bitter cress salsa verde
Fig Leaf Coconut Panna Cotta
with mixed berry jam, bumblebee shortbread cookie, and wicking bed mint
8470 Bellhaven Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28216
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, the chef will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.