5-Course Farm-to-Fork Tasting Event
This popular farm-to-fork restaurant lies in the cozy hallmark town of Belmont ever since re-opening its doors in October of 2021 and changing ownership amidst the pandemic. The new owners have continued Heirloom's sterling reputation (named to Charlotte Magazine’s list of “50 Best Restaurants in Charlotte” in 2020 and 2018), just as the menu continues to focus on vegetables, fruits, meats, seafood, and beverages produced in North Carolina, all provided by purveyors with whom Heirloom has struck a productive collaborative relationship. Here, you’ll find dishes like nut crusted chicken breast, a vegan "crab cake" grain bowl, crawfish pasta, and of course, Mama Murph’s famous cinnamon bread. Exec Chef Seth Wilson serves these up and much more in a clean, industrial space clad in espresso-stained concrete and underneath a stamped tin ceiling. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Wilson will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss his dedication to local food.
About the Host:
Born and raised in Hickory, NC, Chef Seth Wilson studied at Johnson & Wales University. He has cooked all over, including stints as Executive Chef at NYC's Wolf & Lamb Steakhouses and under James Beard "Best Chef" Hawaii/Pacific NW" nominee Bev Gannon for Gannon’s in Maui. However, he returned to Charlotte during the pandemic, joining Heirloom soon after its reopening in Belmont in 2021.
All courses will be individually plated.
Old North Lump Crab Fritters
asian tartar sauce, furikake seasoning, bonito flakes
Miso Sweet Potatoes Gaufrette
waffle-cut sweet potatoes, house-made togarshi blend, cilantro
East Coast Mahi Crudo
grapefruit, pomegranate, yuzu broth, chili
Five Spice Braised Short Rib
ginger hoisin demi, polenta, root vegetables
Chai Spice Apple
chai spiced mousse, roasted apple, candy glaze
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
33 Glenway St
Belmont, NC, NC 28012
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.