6-Course Southern Nostalgia Dinner Event
Looking for local? Everything from the food to the furniture at this NoDa establishment is locally sourced. The result is a paean to Southern cooking, with fried or smoked chicken, cast iron North Carolina trout, mac & cheese, kale grits, sweet potato dumplings, biscuits & bacon jam…enough! We’re there. And all of it is delivered in an intimate and comfortable environment that shouts rustic chic with an apothecary feeling. This is yet another restaurant from Jeff Tonidandel, who gave Charlotte the popular Crepe Cellar and Growler’s Pourhouse, and is presided over by Executive Chef Carman Spadaro, a Crepe Cellar veteran. In 2017, when Haberdish opened, Thrillist named it—drumroll!—Charlotte’s “Best New Restaurant,” saying, “Our selection has a simple, yet elegant and comforting menu, incredible cocktails, impeccable service, and, after multiple visits, never disappoints.” (And, just so you know, Southern Living named Haberdish to its list of “The South’s Best Restaurants 2018.”) We will be taking over Haberdish for this event, and Chef Spadaro will be on hand to answer your questions and share his great love for Southern cuisine.
About the Host:
Originally from Connecticut, Chef Spadaro is a graduate of the Art Institute of Charlotte's Culinary Arts Program. He spent years training under Chef Steve Kuney at Crepe Cellar, where he rose to the position of Sous Chef before being called on to lead the kitchen at Haberdish in December 2016.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with musty monk mustard and honey vinaigrette, gribenes, shaved cremini mushrooms, spiced crouton, and smoked salt cured egg yolk
with arugula, horseradish dill crema, and smoked tomato jam
with thick cut peppered edward's bacon, maple peanut butter, red pepper jam, fried banana, and crispy jalapeños
Anson Mills Cornbread
with uncle carman's famous sloppy joe, sour cream, and fried pickled okra
Uncle Carman's Famous Pulled Pork
served on a buttermilk biscuit with alabama white bbq sauce, cabbage slaw, haberdish bread and butter pickles, and come back sauce
Mini Local Honey Cakes
with smoked honey glaze, local sourwood honey drizzle, toasted hazelnuts, and earl grey cold cream
3106 N Davidson St
Charlotte, NC 28205
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, the chef will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.