6-Course Playful Italian Dinner Event
Remember those Italian-American red sauce joints of yesteryear? Well, they’re coming back, full force, but this time with an emphasis on everything fresh, local, seasonal, and sustainable. That’s the ticket at Great Gold, just opened in August, in the heart of the Mission District. It is the brainchild of partners David Steele, one of the creators of the popular flour + water, where Executive Chef Brandon Kirksey served as chef de cuisine. At Great Gold, you’ll find all the beloved classics like saltimbocca, chicken Milanese, and eggplant parmesan, as well as exceptional house-made pastas. Great Gold also has a wonderfully funky look, boasting a wheat paste mural by Cheyenne Randall and a façade by graffiti artist Apexer. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Kirksey will be in and out of the kitchen to answer your questions and discuss his culinary journey.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Kirksey started his career in San Francisco at Jardinière, The Slanted Door, and The Grand Cafe. He's spent time in Seattle, working at a number of Italian restaurants and Korean steakhouse Girin, with a brief stop in between at San Francisco's Flour + Water as Executive Chef. In 2017 he launched his first solo project, Foxsister. Two years later, he refocused the space into a new Italian-inspired eatery, Great Gold.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Duo of Bites
marinated castelvetrano olives | great gold tomato bread
Pears and Prosciutto
with pomegranate, saba, chili oil, and pistachio
Sunflower Caesar Salad
with chicory, kale, anchovy, garlic, bread crumbs, and parmesan
with butternut squash, brown butter, sage, and hazelnut
slow cooked pork belly with fennel pollen, medjool date sauce, and hazelnut
with mascarpone, lady fingers, and chocolate
3161 24th St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.