6-Course Mediterranean Meets Midwest Dinner Event
The name of this brand-new (August 2019) restaurant in Logan Square might bring to mind Chinese food, but, in fact, that is not the case. Executive Chef/Co-Owner Charles Welch, most recently at the one-Michelin-starred Sepia, is cooking up what he describes as “New American-Meets-Mediterranean fare,” served in a handsome, clubby kind of setting where diners feel as though they have been invited to an intimate dinner party. Many of the dishes make use of the wood-fired oven, and there are such savory treats as caramelized halloumi with stone fruits, sunflower seeds, and za’atar yogurt or prawns with octopus, black lentils, and Morcilla sausage. Eater named Good Fortune to its “Hottest Restaurants in Chicago Right Now, November 2019” list, and Chicago Tribune reviewer Phil Vettel says, “Good Fortune offers so many things I like about dining out—a stylish setting, good cocktails, excellent food and serious wine.” We will be taking over Good Fortune for this event, and Chef Welch will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss the philosophy and the passion that go into starting a new restaurant.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A graduate of Chicago's Le Cordon Bleu, Chef Welch cut his teeth at Thyme, mk, and Sepia before taking the executive chef role at Honey. After several celebrated years at Honey, he decided to branch out on his own, opening Good Fortune with business partner Andrew Miller in August, 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with butternut squash, miso, black rice, and plum vinegar
Little Gem Wedge
with maytag blue cheese, bacon, pickled tomatillo, and chive
Porcini Mushroom Campanelle
with black trumpet mushroom, truffle, and camembert
with smoked paprika, crispy potato, salsify, and brandade aioli
with cassoulet beans, roasted celery root, and petit lyonnaise salad
with cheesecake puree, caramelized coconut sorbet, and sea salt
2528 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.