Golden Owl Tavern
5-Course Regional Roots Tasting Event
Just a year and a half old now, this beautifully designed eatery inside the UNC Charlotte Marriott Hotel& Conference Center, which Charlotte Magazine named one of the city's "25 Best New Restaurants of 2022," transforms southern staples into modern classics. Here, diners delight in such dishes as hot chicken deviled eggs, she-crab soup, fried green tomatoes with ghost pepper aioli, cornbread with honey butter and sea salt, ribs, meatloaf, shrimp and grits, and hoppin' john. Executive Chef Andres Prussing was born in Santiago, Chile and learned to cook from his grandmother. After graduating from culinary school in Santiago, he entered the restaurant world, working at establishments in Chile, Spain, and Miami before arriving in Charlotte. Influenced by his South American culture, he is excited to work with local vendors, bringing in fresh, high-quality ingredients from across North Carolina to produce a menu that will continue transforming Queen City's food scene. We are excited to visit and hear about Chef Prussing's life journey and food ideas.
About the Host:
A Chile native, Chef Andres Prussing attended culinary school at INACAP in Santiago and has represented Chile at the Pan-American Culinary Olympics, winning a Silver and Gold Medal. Prior to joining Golden Owl Tavern in 2022, he interned at 2-Michelin-starred El Cingle, created his own catering company Bienenstich, and worked at several Marriot and Hilton hotels.
All courses will be individually plated.
mint & pea puree, pickled carrots, cornbread
Yellow Tail Crudo
peruvian spicy marinade, popped sorghum, grapefruit
Smoked Short Rib
celery root puree, maitake mushroom glaze, charred broccolini, pecorino romano cheese
Forever Oceans Kanpachi Fish
brown butter caper sauce, pernod braised fennel, compressed cucumber, dill
Cappuccino Pot de Creme
spiced whipped cream, macerated berries
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating timely requests for separate tables (rather than communal seating) to the best of the restaurant's ability. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
Golden Owl Tavern
9041 Robert D. Snyder Rd
Charlotte, NC 28262
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.