DAY 2: 9-Course Oceanic Extravaganza
In our opinion, the ocean is synonymous with summer. So, when we were brainstorming ideas for our last event series in August, an oceanic-themed concept jumped to mind. Enter Gloria, a brand new seafood-obsessed eatery helmed by Chef/Co-Owner Diego Garcia. The restaurant, which opened just 6 months ago, exclusively serves seafood - and yes, it's all sustainably fished. Chef Garcia's dedication to seafood goes all the way back to childhood when he would catch octopuses and clams as a young boy, and he incorporates hints of his Mexican heritage throughout his menu. His resume is incredibly impressive (more on that below), and we can't wait to try out his unique brand of seafood. We're taking over the entire restaurant and Chef Garcia will, of course, be coming out of the kitchen to share culinary stories.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Prior to opening Gloria, Chef Garcia served as Sous Chef at Contra. Before Contra, he gained experience working in the kitchen at Le Bernardin.
The Feast Lineup
Some courses will be served family-style and some will be individually plated. See FAQs at the bottom of this page for allergy/restriction accommodations and additional info.
with watermelon radish and jalapeño
with kohlrabi and bouillabaisse sabayon
with walnut, ink, and cauliflower
with dashi broth
with red cabbage and black rice
Rancho Gordo Beans
with basil pistou and mussel broth
with potato, cucumber, and caviar
Whole Wild Red Snapper
with garlic scape lobster sauce
with market berries and hibiscus
401 W 53rd St.
New York, NY 10019
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.