5-Course Modern Spanish Dinner Event
“Gaudir” in Catalan means “enjoy,” and at his East Harlem eatery, Chef Cedric Durand draws upon the gustatory and social traditions of Spanish tapas restaurants to create an environment in which people can savor delicious and creative small plates. Born in France, Chef Durand has spent much time in Spain, both north and south, and, having cooked at France’s Michelin-starred L’Amphitryon, he has the culinary chops and the passion to do right by Spanish food. At GAUDir, he is offering such dishes as Iberian ham, 24 months aged, skatefish with herbs beurre blanc and caviar, shishito peppers with coarse salt, and the requisite tortilla Española, all done to a fine turn. And let’s not forget the churros. GAUDir is a genuine success story, having begun its life as one of the pop-up restaurants at Tastings, the notable catering and events venue. And, as if the delectable food wasn’t enough, GAUDir also honors the Spanish gin-loving tradition with signature cocktails that move the conviviality along.
About the Host:
After graduating from culinary school at Ecole d’Hôtellerie et de Tourisme d’Occitanie in Toulouse, France, Chef Durand honed his culinary skills under two-star Michelin chef Yannick Delpech at the acclaimed L'Amphitryon, working his way up to Chef de Partie. He moved to New York in 2007, and proceeded to work for now-closed acclaimed eateries, such as Payard and Emile, before joining the team as Executive Chef of Tastings NYC, a highly regarded local catering and events company run by Alexandra Morris. In April 2019, Morris and Chef Durand opened up East Harlem restaurant Gaudir, which specializes in modern Spanish cuisine.
Each course will be plated individually.
with bellota ham, ponzu, and truffle
Chicken Confit Cannelloni
with sauce royale
Chilean Sea Bass
with caviar beurre blanc and spinach
Braised Veal Cheeks
with carrots, chanterelle mushrooms, and orange sauce
with almond milk, streusel, and sour cream
251 East 110th Street
New York, NY 10029
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (refer to the "what qualifies as valid proof of vaccination" question below for more info on this) and a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member and all guests must also present proof of full vaccination upon arrival at the event in order to gain entry.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who fail to present proof of full vaccination upon arrival, and/or have not paid the guest ticket surcharge, will not be allowed entry.
- What qualifies as valid proof of vaccination?
- To verify that you are fully vaccinated, and gain entry to the event, you must present to our event lead any one of the following forms of proof: your original physical vaccination card, a clearly legible photo of your original vaccination card, the CLEAR Health Pass App, the Excelsior Pass, or the NYC COVID Safe App. Please note, you will be only be considered “fully vaccinated” if it has been at least 14 days since you've received either (a) a second shot of the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, or (b) a single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. More questions about this? Check out our COVID-19-Related Event Requirements.
- Will this event be hosted indoors or outdoors?
- This event will be hosted indoors, as we will be taking over the entire restaurant for it. The restaurant will be closed to the public, and only fully vaccinated attendees will be allowed entry.