6-Course Ode to Global Street Food Dinner Event
This very new (October 2019) Andersonville eatery is a celebration of international street food. Executive Chef-Co-Owner Rolf Pederson comes by his internationality honestly, as he is the son of Thai and Norwegian parents, both of whom emigrated to the U.S. Now, with his wife, partner, and Pastry/Sous Chef Meagan Selvig, Chef Pedersen is having a field day offering diners everything from shrimp stuffed pancakes to buffalo skate wings, chickpea fritters, adobo chicken, ahi tuna tostadas, and beef heart skewers. The street food concept carries over to dessert as well, with items like churros with pineapple and chocolate-covered Key lime pops. The Infatuation says, “When a restaurant has an all-over-the-place menu…it seems unlikely that everything on it will work. But at Gadabout, it somehow does.” To underscore their enthusiasm, The Infatuation named Gadabout to its recent list of “The Best New Restaurants in Chicago.” We will be taking over Gadabout for our event, and Chef Pedersen will be in and out of the kitchen to answer your questions and discuss the great discoveries that he has made about street food around the world.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A child of Thai and Norwegian parents, Chef Pedersen relocated to Chicago from Florida in 2013 and has since honed his craft at such Windy City institutions as L2o, Girl & the Goat, Sixteen, BOKA, and Pacific Standard Time. He opened Gadabout with his wife (and Pastry Chef) Megan in October 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with young coconut, blood oranges, and lotus root
with feta, golden raisins, piparra peppers, and flatbread
with tonnato, herbed gremolata, preserved lemon vinaigrette, and fried capers
Pan Roasted Monkfish
with chicago style panzanella salad, sport pepper romesco, and grain mustard vinaigrette
with salsa negra, brussels sprouts, cotija, and chipotle honey
Banana Spice Cake
with chocolate custard, five spice peanuts, sesame, and miso caramel
5212 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60640
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, the chef will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.