Four Directions Cuisine
5-Course Elevated Andean Tasting Event
This distinctive dining experience is one of the most unique in Denver. Chef Andrea Murdoch is an Andean native from Venezuela whose specialty is elevated indigenous cuisine that draws upon her classical training, ancestral knowledge, creativity, and passion. Adopted at six weeks old by an Army couple, she grew up in the United States and trained as a pastry chef at The Culinary Institute of America in New York. Her menu features only the freshest local ingredients, used to dazzling effect in dishes like juniper braised duck with Ute corn mash and wilted greens, portabella mushroom caps stuffed with ground elk, whole stuffed snapper with plantains and aromatics, and desserts like wild rice pudding and blue & yellow cornmeal sugar cookies. There's no same old, same old at Four Direction Cuisine, which explains why 5280 Magazine chose Andrea Murdoch as its featured chef. We are excited to visit here and to hear from Chef Murdoch about her food philosophy and her very important work with nonprofits that support indigenous peoples.
About the Host:
An Andean Native born in Venezuela, Chef Andrea Murdoch trained as a pastry chef at The Culinary Institute of America, but her passion has always been in using food to share her Indigenous heritage. After a successful catering trial run elsewhere, she moved to Denver with Four Directions Cuisine in 2017. She has been a 5280 Magazine featured chef.
All courses will be individually plated.
Inka Trail Mix
with harvest apple, seeds, and grains
Three Sisters Salad
squash with tepary beans and heritage corn
Smoke on the Half Shell
oyster with hickory and plum
Wings & Biscuits
quail with mountain biscuits and hot honey
Say Her Name
strawberries with lavender, elderberry, and ete corn
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
Four Directions Cuisine
2023 E Colfax Ave
Denver, CO 80206
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $80 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for celiacs or those with aversions to tree nuts, peanuts, or seafood. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- Does this restaurant serve alcoholic beverages?
- This restaurant is a BYO establishment, so please feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, please note this restaurant is BYOB, so make sure to bring your own wine and/or beer if you'd like!