5-Course Barcelona Meets The Balkans Tasting Event
This Spring Valley eatery has been delighting diners since 2009 with its inventive mix of Spanish small plates and Eastern European specialties. Bulgarian-born, Las Vegas-raised chef Nina Manchev opened Forte Tapas when she was only 23. She envisioned an environment that was filled with art and a menu that includes dishes like mini sweet peppers filled with pork and topped with a yogurt-dill sauce, pelmeni (beef dumplings with dill and green onion), stroganoff fries (think European poutine), baby octopus, and gambas al ajillo (sautéed large shrimp). “A one-stop shop for many different European flavors,” according to the Las Vegas Sun, Forte Tapas made Eater’s 2021 list of “18 Neighborhood Gems to Explore in Las Vegas” while The Infatuation has named it to its “Best Restaurants in Las Vegas” list. We are excited to visit here, to meet Chef Manchev, and to hear about her travels around the world and her love of the little-known cuisine of her country of origin.
About the Host:
Bulgaria-born and Vegas-raised, Chef Nina Manchev grew up cooking with family. After getting a degree in hospitality, she switched gears to pursue cooking full-time. She had a small deli before opening Forte Tapas at just 23 years old, which she's run ever since. She has been featured on Food Network and Entrepreneur Magazine.
All courses will be individually plated.
bulgarian cheese pie topped with creme fraiche and osstera caviar
Bulgarian Meze Platter
bulgarian charcuterie + cheese with ruska salata, snejanka, beet, cabbage, potato, and red bean salads
Stuffed App Trio
grape leaves, seasoned ground pork, yogurt dill sauce | mini sweet peppers, seasoned ground pork, herbs + spices, yogurt dill sauce | cabbage rolls, hunter bacon
bulgarian meat + vegetable stew slow cooked in a traditional clay pot
with mascarpone, chocolate, rum, espresso, and honey tea biscuits
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
4180 S Rainbow Blvd #806
Las Vegas, NV 89103
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $80 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.