5-Course Modern French Dinner Event
Opened in August of 2019 in Old City, Forsythia is, in the words of Philadelphia magazine, “a perfectly realized modern French bistro.” That means roasted duck with apricots, carrots, and cardamom jus, pumpkin and truffle beignets, escargots in tomato butter, foie gras mousse, steamed mussels, and other Gallic delights. Chef Chris Kearse earned his stripes cooking at Charlie Trotter’s, The French Laundry, and other top spots, and, for seven years, owned and operated the well-loved Will on East Passyunk Avenue. Two months after closing Will, he opened Forsythia—and survived the worst of the pandemic. Philadelphia Inquirer restaurant reviewer Craig LaBan says, “[Forsythia] deserves to become a citywide destination.” Its warm and delicious home cooking (if your home cook happened to be a fantastic French chef) served up in a lovely space that melds French country with industrial-modern explains why Philly magazine named Forsythia to it Best of 2020 list.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
After graduating as valedictorian from the Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College, Chef Kearse honed his craft at Charlie Trotter's, Tru, Alinea, and The French Laundry. Most recently, he served as Chef de Cuisine at Pumpkin in Rittenhouse Square before opening Will BYOB in 2012, which earned him a plethora of accolades, including “Best New Chef” by Philadelphia Magazine, one of the 2013 Philadelphia Rising Stars by StarChefs and a James Beard Semifinalist in 2013 and 2014. Chef Kearse closed Will BYOB to open Forsythia in August 2019.
Each course will be plated individually.
with winter radish, dill, and cider
with chartreuse-almond butter, butternut squash, and pumpernicke
with duck heart ragout, rosemary, and pecorino
Monkfish Osso Buco
with chorizo, white beans, and mussels
Spiced Cider Crumb Cake
with hazelnut toffee and cherry cremeux
233 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19105
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (refer to the "what qualifies as valid proof of vaccination" question below for more info on this) and a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member and all guests must also present proof of full vaccination upon arrival at the event in order to gain entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for dairy allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who fail to present proof of full vaccination upon arrival, and/or have not paid the guest ticket surcharge, will not be allowed entry.
- What qualifies as valid proof of vaccination?
- To verify that you are fully vaccinated, and gain entry to the event, you must present to our event lead any one of the following forms of proof: your original physical vaccination card, a clearly legible photo of your original vaccination card, or the CLEAR Health Pass App. Please note, you will be only be considered “fully vaccinated” if it has been at least 14 days since you've received either (a) a second shot of the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, or (b) a single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. More questions about this? Check out our COVID-19-Related Event Requirements.
- Will this event be hosted indoors or outdoors?
- This event will be hosted indoors, as we will be taking over the entire restaurant for it. The restaurant will be closed to the public, and only fully vaccinated attendees will be allowed entry.