Foreign & Domestic
DAY 1: 6-Course Sustainable American Dinner Series
Farm-to-table. Nose-to-tail. These phrases have become buzzwords in the restaurant world, but at Foreign & Domestic, an intimate and sustainably minded American eatery on North Loop, they are a credo to live by. Chef-owners and life partners Sarah Heard and Nathan Lemley have profound respect for the local farmers, growers, and food purveyors they work with and do wonders with the bounty they are given. The couple, Texas natives who first met while working at the super-popular Parkside in downtown Austin, serve cohesive dishes with bold Texas flavors and ingredients that pay tribute to the home cooking they grew up with. The Infatuation applauds Foreign & Domestic, saying, “A super creative menu and adventurous food make this one of our favorite spots in town.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chefs Heard and Lemley will chew the fat with us, telling us what it’s like to cook together, live together, and run a restaurant together.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Before purchasing Foreign & Domestic in 2017, Sarah Heard cut her teeth at The Mansion at Judges Hill, Parkside Projects, and La Condesa, all while maintaining a small farm outside Austin. Heard is a two-time semifinalist for the Eater Young Gun award.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Pecan & Blue Cheese Salad
with citrus, pecan vin, candied pecans, and superfood greens
Crispy Beef Tongue
with horseradish yogurt and watercress
Lion's Mane Mushroom Risotto
with dandelion greens
with farro salad and herbs
44 Farms NY Strip Loin
with beef fat potatoes and rapini
Grapefruit Meringue Pie
with cashew glass
Foreign & Domestic
306 E 53rd St
Austin, TX 78751
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.